Hyaluronic acid, also known as hyaluronan, is a clear and gooey sugary substance that our bodies naturally produce. You’ll find the largest amounts in your skin, connective tissue, joints and eyes, and its main function are to provide moisture to these parts of your body.
Hyaluronan has many uses, and because of this, many people take it as a supplement. In fact, you’ll find this in our Hair, Skin and Nail capsules.
See below the 6 scientifically-backed benefits of taking hyaluronic acid:
- It hydrates your skin, leaving it healthier and more supple. It clings to water to help retain moisture, which reduces wrinkles’ appearance, enhancing your skin’s firmness and elasticity.
- Speeds up wound healing. Because it’s naturally present in the skin, its concentrations increase when there is damage in need of repair. It also regulates inflammation levels and signals the body to build more blood vessels in the damaged area.
- Alleviates joint pain with additional lubrication Hyaluronic acid is found in the joints. It keeps the gap between the bones lubricated. People who suffer from joint pain can benefit from taking extra supplements to ease any joint pain.
- Can soothe acid reflux symptoms New research shows hyaluronic acid supplements may help reduce symptoms of acid reflux. When acid reflux occurs, the stomach contents are regurgitated up into the throat, causing pain and damage to the lining of the oesophagus. Hyaluronic acid may help soothe the damaged lining and speed up the recovery process.
- Relieve dry eye. People get dry eye when they get older and struggle to produce tears. Because Hyaluronic acid is an excellent source for retaining moisture, it’s often used to relieve this problem.
- Preserves bone strength. Recent studies have found that hyaluronic acid supplements can help slow the rate of bone loss with osteopenia, the beginning stage of bone loss that precedes osteoporosis.
Some people may be aware of the benefits of hyaluronic acid as an ingredient either in skincare or supplement form but may not be aware of its versatility.
Using hyaluronic acid supplements can help people maintain a youthful appearance and tackle many signs of ageing. However, it can also help treat some medical conditions, such as wound healing, eye dryness or joint pain.
By taking our Hair, Skin and Nail supplements, you can benefit from a whole host of ingredients that support your Hair, Skin and Nails. It’s a simple daily routine that’s a sure way to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, increase skin elasticity, and strengthen nails and hair.
See below for the list of ingredients.
Go on, give yourself that outer glow you get from glossy hair, smooth skin and shiny nails!!