Biotin, otherwise known as Vitamin H it is one of the B complex vitamins, B-7, that helps our bodies convert food into energy, supporting the health of our hair, skin and nails.
The word biotin comes from the Greek word BIOTOS, which means life.
Most people get sufficient biotin when they eat a very healthy, balanced diet. However, we all know we lapse now and again when we run short of time, juggling our work-life balance. Something has to slip, and sometimes it’s our diet.
Supplements are a great way to top up your biotin levels, so you can rest assured you’re getting your daily dose no matter what’s for tea!
That said, even if you did your homework and bought every food that was high in biotin, just cooking these foods can reduce the effectiveness of this essential vitamin.
So, supplementing your diet to ensure you get your daily dose might be your preferred route.
The recommendations for adequate intake in adults have been estimated to be 30-50 µg/day. The daily dose of our Hair, Skin and Nail capsules is 50 µg.
So, you could say we have you covered.
Don’t just take our word for it…
BIOTIN THE FACTS:
- Biotin is a water-soluble B vitamin
- Biotin helps your body convert food into energy
- Biotin is a natural vitamin
- Biotin is very important for healthy hair, skin and nails
- Biotin is really important for pregnant women and breastfeeding women
- Research has shown that biotin can help lower blood sugar.
- Biotin also helps support insulin, encouraging better blood sugar balance.
If you feel like you need a Biotin boost, give our supplements a try. You can view all the ingredients on the website right here.